Ageing Well Torbay, a programme aimed at reducing loneliness and isolation amongst Torbay’s over fifties, initially worked with people over 50 and organisations across Torbay in the form of The Torbay Over Fifties’ Assembly (TOFA).
Now dubbed The Torbay Assembly, this platform will enable any Torbay residents regardless of age to discuss what’s important to them, and share those views with peers from around the bay.
The assembly was a key element of Ageing Well Torbay’s initial bid to the National Lottery Community Fund, and is, therefore, an important feature and legacy of the programme; ensuring a powerful platform for Torbay residents to voice their concerns was established.
Aim of Torbay Assembly: To be the voice of people in Torbay
What does the Assembly do?
- Influence decisions regarding local services and policies so that they take into account the needs and interests of Torbay residents
- Ensure that locals have the opportunity to share their knowledge and experience to improve current services
- Provide feedback on changes to services and policies
- To support and drive the local authority, statutory, voluntary and private organisations to achieve and maintain Age-friendly Status
- Represent all Torbay residents
- Celebrate people of all ages